History of the lab
The Laboratory of Macromolecular Compounds was founded in 1964. The founder of the laboratory and its first leader was Dr. Sci. Yu.G. Kryazhev. Later the Laboratory leaders became Dr. Sci. V.A. Lopyrev (1972-1987), Dr. Sci. A.K. Khaliullin (1987-2003) and Dr. Sci. V.V. Annenkov (2003-2004).
From the very beginning the research objectives of the laboratory were polymers with polyconjugated, water-soluble, photo- and electroconductive properties, prospective to use in ophthalmology, electrophotography, medicine, food industry and for enginery. The Laboratory held four All Union Conferences on soluble polymers (1979, 1982, 1987, 1991). Five Doctor’s Sci. Dissertations on Chemistry and 31 Dissertations of Candidate of Chemistry (Ph. D. equivalent) have been promoted in the Laboratory from 1964 to 2013.
In 2009, the Laboratory was renamed for the Laboratory of Functional Synthetic and Natural Polymers.
1. Prozorova Galina Firsovna, Head of the Laboratory, Dr. Chem.
2. Ermakova Tamara Georgievna, Dr. Sci., Senior Scientific Worker
3. Kuznetsova Nadezhda Petrovna, Dr. Sci., Senior Scientific Worker
4. Pozdnyakov Aleksandr Sergeevich, Dr. Sci., Senior Scientific Worker
5. Korzhova Svetlana Anatolievna, Dr. Sci., Scientific Worker
6. Mazyar Irina Viktorovna, Researcher
7. Sultangareev Radmir Galeevich, Leading technologist, Ph.D.
8. Volkova Ludmila Ivanovna, Leading technologist
9. Myachin Yury Aleksandrovich, Leading specialist
10. Emel’yanov Artyom Ivanovich, Postgraduate student
Fields of research
The interests of the Laboratory are focused on research in the following areas:
1. Functional (co)polymers, multicomponent polymeric materials possessing the complex of valuable properties: homopolymers and copolymers of vinylazoles having biological activity, sorptive and flocculating capacities as well as thermal stability; polyconjugated polymers having photo- and electrophotographic sensitivity, electroconductivity, paramagnetism;
sulfur-rich redox-active polymers prospective for cathode materials for lithium batteries; proton conducting membranes for fuel cells; biodegradable polymers.
2. Synthesis and study of new polymer metal-containing nanocomposites, interpolyelectrolyte complexes based on functional (co)polymers for application as biological active materials, in catalysis and for nonlinear optics.
3. Modification of polyvinylchloride, advancement of plastics based on polyvinylchloride modification by natural minerals.
New polyconjugated polymers, water-soluble, water-swollen and cross-linked (co)polymers based on heterocyclic nitrogen-containing vinyl monomers (azoles, pyridines) promising for the formation of new polyfunctional materials, multicomponent polymeric systems and organic-inorganic nanocomposites with nanoparticles of various metals with controlled complex of valuable properties have been synthesized and studied.
Inventions developed on the basis of the (co)polymers obtained:
• Water-soluble compositions and coatings therefrom lowering hydrodynamic resistance.
• Polymer metal-containing nanocomposites having antimicrobial, antitumor and catalytic activities.
• Proton conducting membranes for fuel cells.
• Electrophotographic materials.
• Lubricating electroconductive climatically stable compositions.
• Permeable for oxygen polymeric materials for soft contact lenses.
• Effective polymeric flocculants and stabilizers for clarification of juices and wines.
• Effective sorbents for noble metals and mercury.
• Active components for lead-acid battery negative electrode.
• Flux varnishes — the preservatives for soldering.
Dissertations in the last three years
Alexander S. Pozdnyakov
“Multifunctional (co) polymers of 1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole
and nanocomposites theiron”
Diss. Kand. Khim. Nauk, (Ph.D. equivalent)
02.00.06 — macromolecular compounds, 2011.
Grants during three last years
2010–2012 Government contract: New biomimetic biodegradable polymers based on original bio utilizable (co)monomers, oligomers, crosslinking agents and hardeners (Head — Academician B.A. Trofimov)
2012–2013 RFBR 12-03-31466_mol: Formation of functional nitrogen-containing polymer and nanocomposite materials with a wide range of valuable properties (Head — Dr. Sci. A.S. Pozdnyakov).
2013–2015 RFBR 13-03-01046_a: Original copolymers of vinylazoles as universal basis for the formation of new functional materials, interpolyelectrolyte complexes and hybrid nanocomposites (Head — Dr. Chem. G.F. Prozorova).
1. Trofimov B.A., Markova M.V., Morozova L.V., Prozorova G.F., Korzhova S.A., Cho M.D., Annenkov V.V., Mikhaleva A.I. Protected bis(hydroxyorganyl)polysulfides as modifiers of Li/S battery electrolyte // Electrochimica Acta. — 2011. — N 56. — P. 2458–2463.
2. Prozorova G.F., Korzhova S.A., Kon’kova T.V., Ermakova T.G., Pozdnyakov A.S., Sukhov B.G., Arsentyev K.Yu., Likhoshway E.V., Trofimov B.A. Specific Features of Formation of Silver Nanoparticles in the Polymer Matrix // Doklady Chemistry. — 2011. — V. 437, N 1. — P. 47–49.
3. Prozorova G.F., Korzhova S.A., Kon’kova T.V., Pozdnyakov A.S., Ermakova T.G., Fadeeva T.V., Vereshchagina S.A., Trofimov B.A. Antimicrobial activity of silver—poly(1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole) nanocomposites // Russ. Chem. Bull. — 2011. — V. 60, N 11. — P. 671–675.
4. Shaglaeva N.S., Sultangareev R.G., Orchokova E.A., Prozorova G.F., Dmitrieva G.V., Stenina I.A., Yaroslavtsev A.B. Proton conducting membranes based on modified polyvinylchloride // Membranes and membrane technology. — 2011. — V. 1. — P. 213 — 219.
5. Pozdnyakov A.S., Ermakova T.G., Kanitskaya L.V., Kuznetsova N.P., Korzhova S.A., Prozorova G.F. The reactivity of 1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole in the radical copolymerization with crotonic aldehyde // Russ. J. Gen. Chem. — 2012. — V.82, N 1. — P. 87–90.
6. Ermakova T.G., Shaulina L.P., Kuznetsova N.P., Volkova L.I., Pozdnyakov A.S., Prozorova G.F. Sorption of noble metal compounds by cross-linked copolymer of 1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole with acrylic acid // Russ. J. Appl. Chem. — 2012. — V.85, N 1. — P. 35–40.
7. Ermakova T.G., Shaulina L.P., Kuznetsova N.P., Ratovsky G.V., Soboleva I.N., Pozdnyakov A.S., Prozorova G.F. Sorption recovery of noble metal ions with a copolymer of 1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole with acrylonitrile // Russ. J. Appl. Chem. — 2012. — V.85, N 8. — P. 1289–1295.
8. Kuznetsova N.P., Ermakova T.G., Pozdnyakov A.S., Emel’yanov A.I., Prozorova G.F. Synthesis and characteristics of silver-containing polymer nanocomposites based on copolymer of 1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole with acrylonitrile // Russ. Chem. Bull. — 2013. — N 11. — P. 2509–2513.
9. Prozorova G.F., Korzhova S.A., Emel’yanov A.I., Pozdnyakov A.S., Khutsishvili S.S., Vakul’skaya T.I., Ermakova T.G. Polymer nanocomposites with iron oxide nanoparticles // Russ. J. Appl. Chem. — 2013. — V.86, N 9. — P. 1452–1455.
10. Prozorova G.F., Pozdnyakov A.S., Emel’yanov A.I., Korzhova S.A., Ermakova T.G., Trofimov B.A. Water soluble nanocomposites of silver with the copolymer of 1-vinyl-1,2,4-triazole // Doklady Chemistry. — 2013. — V. 449, N 1. — P. 87-88.